Thursday, April 6, 2017

Yearning

I've been bestowed with a fair share of academic titles and professional designations. The one that continues to elude me - and which I cherish most of all - is that of being a 'writer'. My family and close friends indulge me at times. When I urge them to critique my writing they don't shy away from lavishing praise.

"You've got such refined writing skills" 
"This piece is comparable with the work of the best its genre"
"You're sure to win the first prize if you submit this for a competition"
"You're such a gifted writer!"

Their compliments are genuine, emotions heartfelt and love unconditional. It was this form of encouragement from an early age that egged me on. I acknowledge them humbly, albeit with a pinch of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CMYK

C yan, yellow, magenta and black O riginal and unadulterated L ike elements in the periodic table O ften mixed up to form compounds U n...